Friday, December 3, 2010

Sym-Bionic Titan Season 1 Review ~ I want more, please?

11 episodes of Sym-Bionic Titan, Genndy Tartakovsky's new show that aired on Cartoon Network in September, ended with the season final today. After watching the final episode, I just have to say, I want more.

One of Sym-Bionic Titan's fight scenes
One thing that Sym-Bionic kills at, is the animation itself. Not only is it highly detailed, but has a cool realistic style to it, while keeping the cartoon feel. There was a really cool raining on window effect used in Episode 11. We also got see a epic car chase which topped live action ones, the inside high tech G3 base and some really cool animation work done on the planet Galaluna.

You can tell that a lot of time and detail has been put into this series. Not only with the animation, but the story itself is pretty intense. Not only do Lance and IIana (the show's main characters) have to defend the earth from monsters, but they also must be cautious of Earth's very own forces. Since it is the first season, the story has a long ways to go, but I am looking froward to its twists and turns.

Sym-Bionic Titan borrows a lot of concepts, such as drag racing influence from movies like The Fast and the Furiousness or Star War influence for the outer space scenes. One episode borrow a lot of influence from the horror genre (think Nightmare on Elem St) which I thought was really cool.


In Episode 10, I was really surprised by the metal concert that Lance and IIana go to. It was right on, in fact, I kinda want the song they used for that scene. If you ever want to know what a sketch metal concert looks like, look no further. There was also a part where Kimmy (a cheerleader at the school) does this really crazy dance to a rap song to impress Octus (who is Lance's and IIana's robot). I kinda felt like I was watching something dirty, it was that crazy.

Well, I have rambled enough. If your looking for a awesome cartoon that has action look no further. The last episode of season 1 ended with a bit of a cliff hanger, so I know there will be more. Cartoon Network ordered 20 episodes as of now. So for sure, we get 7 more. But Genndy has plans to do more then that.

Season Two, what will you bring?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, for I love comments and will respond if your comment is awesome enough.